to be honored at
the Soane's 2017
News from David Chipperfield Architects
Norman Foster Foundation in Madrid. The foundation center is said to be somewhat "like" Soane's creation of his own museum almost two centuries ago.
Sir David Adjaye named to TTIME 100 Icon and the only architect listed by the magazine. Earlier this year it was announced that he would be Knighted at an investiture ceremony in 2017.
Sir David Chipperfield to receive the 2017 Soane Foundation Honors at the 27 September Gala Dinner being held in the Rainbow Room, New York City
Every year the Soane Foundation celebrates Sir John Soane's singular contributions as an architect and educator by bestowing Soane Foundation Honors on present day innovators, leaders, and visionaries in the fields of architecture, design, urban planning, architectural education and philanthropy at a celebratory gala dinner in an architecturally significant venue in New York City. In the last number of years, we have focused on professionals working specifically with museums and cultural institutions, as Sir John Soane was the architect of the first purpose-built public picture gallery (what we call a museum) at Dulwich in 1811. Dulwich opened to the public 200 years ago in 1817. Gala proceeds benefit Sir John Soane's Museum Foundation and ultimately the Soane Museum in London, a renowned museum of architecture set in the home of one of the most venerated architects in history.
- 2016 - Thomas Phifer - Thomas Phifer and Partners
- 2016 - Michael Bierut - Pentagram
- 2015 - Annabelle Selldorf - Selldorf Architects
- 2015 - Charles Jencks
- 2015 - Thomas Heatherwick - Heatherwick Studio
- 2014 - David Adjaye - Adjaye Associates
- 2014 - Phyllis Lambert - Founder, Canadian Center for Architecture (CCA)
- 2013 - Norman Foster, Lord Foster of Thames Bank OM - Foster and Partners
- 2013 - The Frank Lloyd Wright Archives Partnership with Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library at Columbia University and The Museum of Modern Art
- 2012 - Diller Scofidio + Renfro (DS+R) with Architects and Designers Elizabeth Diller, Ricardo Scofidio, Charles Renfro
- 2012 - Michael Bruno, Founder of 1stdibs
- 2011 - Allan Greenberg - Allan Greenberg Architects
- 2011 - A salute on the 20th Anniversary to the Founders of the Soane Foundation in the United States, past Board and Advisors
- 2010 - A. Eugene Kohn - Kohn Pedersen Fox Architects (KPF)
- 2010 - Susan Weber, Founder and Director of the Bard Graduate Center
- 2010 - Yale University Press accepted by John Donatich
- 2009 - Jaquelin T. Robertson - Cooper Robertson Architects
- 2009 - Rizzoli International Publications accepted by Charles Miers and David Morton
- 2008 - Robert A. M. Stern - Robert A. M. Stern Architects (RAMSA)
- 2008 - The Monacelli Press accepted by Gianfranco Monacelli
- 2007 - Richard H. Driehaus
- 2007 - David Macaulay (author and illustrator)
Select links to firms and the associated Gala dinner
Bronze Presentation Medallion depicting Sir John Soane, designed by Robert Van Nutt.